Easy Oaty Fingers
This week we thought we would give Evie a break from her usual porridge for breakfast and give her something to feed herself with. These are super simple, fantastically filing and require almost no prep whatsoever - perfect for those busy mornings.
We wanted to give Evie something a little different for breakfasts and/or a snack, and whilst we love trying all the different shop bought things, it can start to get a little expensive.
Currently Evie loves raspberry and peanut butter, but we are going to try apple and blueberry, then banana and almond butter. The choices are almost endless.
Prep time – 5 minutes Cooking time – 4-5 minutes
Ingredients (makes around 5 fingers)
1/2 cup of Oats
1/3 cup of milk (whichever you want to use, we used full-fat dairy)
1-2 tbsp of flavour (Peanut butter, grated apple, mashed bananas, fruit puree, raspberries, etc)
1. Mix the oats and milk in a microwavable container, we used a “Tupperware” snack box.
2. Evie’s favourite is raspberry and peanut butter, so we add a generous tablespoon of all natural peanut butter and 5 juicy raspberries to the oat mix.
3. Using the back of a metal spoon mash and mix all the ingredientsLevel the mixture out and microwave for 4-5 minutes, the mix will go solid and slightly darker
4. Turn out onto a plate or chopping board and leave to cool
5. Using a big, sharp knife slice into fingers (about the size of a fish finger)
You can store these fingers in an airtight container for a couple of days in the fridge. We let Evie snack on these as they are or if we are feeling brave we let her use them as a spoon with some yoghurt.